Northern Lights  is accepting proposals for a projection project on the sandstone bluff wall that falls to the riverside of Kellogg Mall Park, north of Wabasha Street Bridge of Saint Paul.
This call is for one project. Proposals should be for video work to be projected onto the bluff wall. Each project proposal may only be submitted to one Northern Spark open call.
Northern Spark will provide the following to the selected project(s):
- A $1,000 honorarium
- Production advice
- Permitting and insurance as reasonable, appropriate and possible
- Strength of conceptual framework for proposed project
- Compatibility of project with Northern Spark’s proposed sites and modalities
- Potential for public engagement and participation
- Applicant’s past experience and likelihood for success
The application process is online. Applicants are required to submit:
- Primary contact information
- Proposal concept – (max 1 page, pdf)
- Supporting materials, such as site diagrams, including technical specifications – (max 2 pages, pdf)
- Documentation of work: title/medium/date/credits/description with links to no more than 10 images and 1 video of past, preferably related work – (max 1 page, pdf)
- A budget that fits within the parameters of the grant and/or clearly identifies and confirms additional resources (max 1 page, pdf)
- A brief bio and CV (max 2 pages for each primary participant, pdf)
This call will be juried by Northern Lights.
Application deadline, 11:59 pm March 7, 2011
Post your submission here:
Selected project(s) will be announced by March 21, 2011.