- Image courtesy of Landmark Center
- Photo Mason Widmer. Image courtesy Landmark Center.
- Photo Bellagalla. Image courtesy Landmark Center.
Landmark Center was built in 1902 and originally served as the Federal Court House and Post office for the Upper Midwest. In the 1970s, a group of determined citizens saved the building from the wrecking ball and restored it to its previous grandeur. It was on the National Register of Historic Places and reopened to the public as Landmark Center in 1978. Today, Landmark Center serves as a cultural center for music, dance, theater, exhibitions, public forums, and hosts countless special events.
Owned by Ramsey County, Landmark Center is managed by Minnesota Landmarks, a not-for-profit organization. Landmark Center also houses Anita’s Cafe, Landmarket Gift Shop, five gallery spaces, and a number of St. Paul’s premier arts and culture organizations.